A 24 months, prospective, randomized, double-blind study to assess the effect of daily oral administration of 2 g of strontium ranelate versus placebo on bone mineral density in postmenopausal osteoporotic women previously treated with oral bisphosphonates.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Strontium ranelate (Primary)
- Indications Fracture; Postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- 22 May 2018 Status changed from recruiting to discontinued, as per results presented at the 2018 World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases.
- 22 Apr 2018 Results (n=83) assessing effect of daily oral administration of 2 g of strontium ranelate (SrRan) versus placebo over 24 months of treatment on the lumbar areal BMD in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis previously treated with bisphosphonates, were presented at the 2018 World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases.
- 28 Dec 2012 Planned End Date changed from 30 Aug 2014 to 30 Aug 2015 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.