A Phase II Randomized, Double-Blind, Study of the Safety and Tolerability of Maraviroc (MVC), Maraviroc + Emtricitabine (MVC+FTC), Maraviroc + Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate (MVC+TDF), or Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate + Emtricitabine (TDF+FTC) For Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) To Prevent HIV Transmission in At-Risk Men Who Have Sex With Men and in At-Risk Women.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 22 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Maraviroc (Primary) ; Emtricitabine; Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
- Indications HIV infections
- Focus Adverse reactions
- Acronyms NEXT-PrEP
- 22 Aug 2017 Results (n=188) assessing safety and tolerability of MVC-containing PrEP in U.S. women at risk for HIV infection published in the Annals of Internal Medicine
- 26 Jul 2017 Results assessing safety and tolerability of MVC-containing PrEP in patients starting pre-exposure prophylaxis, presented at the 9th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Science.
- 10 Oct 2013 New source identified and integrated (University of Washington Health Sciences; 42683).