Multicenter Open-label Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Standardized Initial Therapy Using Either Mesalamine or Corticosteroids Then Mesalamine for the Treatment of Children and Adolescents Newly Diagnosed With Ulcerative Colitis.
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 19 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Mesalazine (Primary) ; Corticosteroids; Prednisone
- Indications Ulcerative colitis
- Focus Biomarker; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PROTECT
- 12 May 2017 Planned End Date changed from 1 Jun 2017 to 1 Oct 2017.
- 30 Jul 2012 Actual initiation date (Jun 2012) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 01 Jun 2012 Status changed from not yet recruiting to recruiting as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.