A Randomised, Double-blind, Parallel-group, Multicentre, Phase III Study to Compare the Efficacy and Tolerability of Fulvestrant (FASLODEXTM) 500 mg with Anastrozole (ARIMIDEXTM) 1 mg as Hormonal Treatment for Postmenopausal Women with Hormone Receptor-Positive Locally Advanced or Metastatic Breast Cancer Who Have Not Previously Been Treated With Any Hormonal Therapy (FALCON).
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 15 Feb 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Fulvestrant (Primary) ; Anastrozole
- Indications Advanced breast cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms FALCON
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 16 Jan 2018 Planned End Date changed from 12 Feb 2018 to 31 Mar 2022.
- 09 Dec 2017 Results of FALCON, FIRST and CONFIRM studies comparing treatment effect of Fulvestrant vs comparators in post-menopausal patients, presented at the 40th Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
- 28 Aug 2017 Based on the data from this trial, the US FDA has approved FASLODEX (fulvestrant) 500mg as monotherapy for expanded use in women with hormone-receptor positive (HR+), human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 negative (HER2-) advanced breast cancer, who have gone through menopause and have not received previous endocrine therapy.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History