A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Phase 3 Study to Evaluate Cardiovascular Outcomes of TAK-875, 50 mg in Addition to Standard of Care in Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes and With Cardiovascular Disease or Multiple Risk Factors for Cardiovascular Events
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 28 Feb 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Fasiglifam (Primary)
- Indications Cardiovascular disorders; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Takeda
- 28 Feb 2018 Results of an integrated pooled analysis (n=9139) assessing the hepatic safety of fasiglifam from the data of 15 double-blind studies from both global and Japanese development programs (six phase II and nine phase III) including this study, published in the Drug Safety Journal.
- 11 Apr 2017 Planned locations for this trial also included China, Brazil and Guatemala.
- 04 Mar 2016 Results assessing safety and efficacy published in the Trial Registry