A Randomised, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Parallel-group Trial to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety of Tiotropium Inhalation Solution (2.5 mcg and 5 mcg) Delivered Via Respimat Inhaler Once Daily in the Evening Over 48 Weeks in Children (6 to 11 Years Old) With Moderate Persistent Asthma
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 16 Mar 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Tiotropium bromide (Primary)
- Indications Asthma
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms CanoTinA-asthma
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals; Unilfarma
- 16 Mar 2018 According to a Boehringer Ingelheim media release, the regulatory authorities in the EU have accepted an expanded indication for SPIRIVA Respimat (tiotropium Respimat) add-on maintenance bronchodilator treatment in patients aged 6 years and older with severe asthma who experienced one or more severe asthma exacerbations. The approval was supported by extensive data from the UniTinA-asthma trial program.
- 24 May 2017 Results of pooled data analysis of 10 phase III studies (NinoTinA-asthma, CanoTinA-asthma,VivaTinA-asthma, RubaTinA-asthma,PensieTinA-asthma,GraziaTinA-asthma,MezzoTinA-asthma,PrimoTinA-asthma) assessing safety and tolerability presented at the 113th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society.
- 24 May 2017 Results of pooled analysis from two phase III studies, presented at the 113th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History