A 26-week, randomised, open-label, multinational, treat-to-target trial comparing efficacy and safety of insulin degludec/insulin aspart once daily (OD) and insulin glargine OD both in combination with metformin in insulin-naive subjects with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled on oral antidiabetic drugs (OADs)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 04 Dec 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Insulin degludec/insulin aspart (Primary) ; Insulin glargine; Metformin
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms BOOST; BOOST-START-2
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 01 Dec 2015 Post-hoc pooled analysis results presented at the 23rd World Diabetes Congress of the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), as per Novo Nordisk media release.
- 09 Feb 2013 Status changed from recruiting to suspended as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.