A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Proof Of Concept Study Of Maintenance Therapy With Tasquinimod In Patients With Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer Who Are Not Progressing After A First Line Docetaxel Based Chemotherapy
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 20 Oct 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Tasquinimod (Primary)
- Indications Prostate cancer
- Focus Proof of concept; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Ipsen Pharmaceuticals
- 20 Oct 2017 Results assessing clinical efficacy of tasquinimod maintenance therapy in patients with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer not progressing during first-line docetaxel-based therapy, were published in the Annals of Oncology.
- 16 Apr 2015 After an interim analysis of the phase III 10TASQ10 study showed that tasquinimod did not improve overall survival, and efficacy results together with preliminary safety data did not support a positive benefit-risk balance in this population, Active Biotech and Ipsen announced their decision to discontinue the development of tasquinimod in prostate cancer, according to a media release.
- 16 Apr 2015 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to discontinued, according to a media release from Active Biotech and Ipsen.