A Phase III Randomised, Double-blind, Double-dummy, Parallel Group Study to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of Twice Daily Administration of the Fix Dose Combination of Linagliptin 2.5 mg + Metformin 500 mg, or of Linagliptin 2.5 mg + Metformin 1000 mg, With the Individual Components of Metformin (500 mg or 1000 mg, Twice Daily), and Linagliptin (5.0 mg, Once Daily) Over 24 Weeks in Treatment naïve Type 2 Diabetic Patients With Insufficient Glycaemic Control
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 01 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Linagliptin/metformin (Primary) ; Linagliptin; Metformin
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 01 Feb 2017 Results assessing efficacy/safety of initial linagliptin/metformin single-pill combination, published in the Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- 31 May 2016 According to Boehringer Ingelheim media release, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Jentadueto XR (linagliptin and metformin hydrochloride extended-release) tablets for the treatment of type 2 diabetes (T2D) in adults.
- 09 Jun 2015 Results presented at the 75th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association.