A Phase IIb Open-label Investigation of the Safety and Efficacy of DIABECELL [Immunoprotected (Alginate-Encapsulated) Porcine Islets for Xenotransplantation] in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 20 Mar 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Diabetes-cell-therapy-Diatranz-Otsuka-Limited (Primary)
- Indications Type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Living Cell Technologies
- 15 Mar 2015 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov record.
- 21 Oct 2013 Status changed from recruiting to active, no longer recruiting as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 29 Aug 2013 This trial will no longer be used in support of regulatory filing activities according to a Living Cell Technologies media release. An improved formulation of DIABECELL than the one investigated in this trial will be developed.