A Phase III, Randomized, Multicenter, Double Blind, Double-Dummy, Parallel-Group, Comparative Study to Determine the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Ceftazidime Avibactam Plus Metronidazole Versus Meropenem in the Treatment of Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections In Hospitalized Adults
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 14 Jun 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Avibactam/ceftazidime (Primary) ; Metronidazole (Primary) ; Meropenem
- Indications Bacterial infections; Intra-abdominal infections
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms RECLAIM3
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 14 Jun 2018 Results (n=2585) of pooled data (RECLAIM 1, RECLAIM 2, REPROVE, REPRISE, RECAPTURE 1 and RECAPTURE 2) published in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
- 28 Jun 2016 According to AstraZeneca media release, the European Commission has granted marketing authorisation for Zavicefta (ceftazidime-avibactam, previously known as CAZ AVI), a new combination antibiotic for the treatment of patients with serious Gram-negative bacterial infections requiring hospitalisation.
- 23 Jun 2016 Results published in an Allergen media release.