Prevention of Bacterial Infections in the Newborn by Pre-delivery Administration of Azithromycin (AZI): a Placebo-controlled Randomized Trial
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 28 Mar 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Azithromycin (Primary)
- Indications Bacterial infections; Neonatal infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PregnAnZI
- 28 Mar 2018 Results (n=461) assessing long-term impact of oral azithromycin taken by gambian women during labour on prevalence and antibiotic susceptibility of s. pneumoniae and s. aureus in their infants: follow up of a randomized clinical trial were published in the Clinical Infectious Diseases.
- 08 Oct 2015 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed, as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 08 Sep 2014 Planned primary completion date changed from 1 Jun 2014 to 1 Oct 2014 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.