A Phase III Multicenter, Randomized Study of Oral LDK378 Versus Standard Chemotherapy in Previously Untreated Adult Patients With ALK Rearranged (ALK-positive), Stage IIIB or IV, Non-squamous Non-small Cell Lung Cancer
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 06 Mar 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Ceritinib (Primary) ; Carboplatin; Cisplatin; Pemetrexed
- Indications Non-small cell lung cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ASCEND 4
- Sponsors Novartis
- 15 Sep 2017 The study has been competed in Denmark.
- 24 Aug 2017 Planned End Date changed from 1 Jun 2018 to 22 Jul 2019.
- 29 Jun 2017 According to a Novartis media release, based on the data from this trial, the European Commission approved expanding the use of Zykadia (ceritinib) to include the first-line treatment of patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) whose tumors are anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK)-positive. Approval is is applicable to all 28 European Union member states plus Iceland, Lichtenstein, and Norway.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History