A Randomised, Open-label, Phase III Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Afatinib (BIBW 2992) Versus Intravenous Methotrexate in Patients With Recurrent and/or Metastatic Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma Who Have Progressed After Platinum-based Therapy
Status: Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 07 Nov 2019
Price : $35 *
At a glance
- Drugs Afatinib (Primary) ; Methotrexate
- Indications Head and neck cancer; Squamous cell cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms LUX-Head and Neck-3
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 04 Nov 2019 Planned End Date changed from 27 Sep 2019 to 27 Dec 2019.
- 10 Sep 2019 Results efficacy and feasibility of afatinib as a second-line treatment in patients with recurrent or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck, published in the Annals of Oncology.
- 20 Aug 2019 Planned End Date changed from 28 Jun 2019 to 27 Sep 2019.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History