A Randomized, Double-blind, Parallel Group, Active-controlled Study to Compare the Systolic Blood Pressure Lowering Efficacy of Aliskiren, Ramipril and a Combination of Aliskiren and Amlodipine, With an Initial 8-week Evaluation, Followed by a 2-3 Year Follow-up to Compare Long-term Safety of an Aliskiren-based Regimen to a Ramipril-based Regimen in Hypertensive Patients ≥ 65 Years of Age
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 06 Oct 2015
Price : $35 *
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren (Primary) ; Amlodipine; Hydrochlorothiazide; Ramipril
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ASSESS
- Sponsors Novartis
- 07 Apr 2015 Planned End Date changed from 1 Apr 2018 to 1 Jun 2018 as per ClinicalTrials.gov record.
- 07 Apr 2015 Planned primary completion date changed from 1 Apr 2018 to 1 Jun 2018 as per ClinicalTrials.gov record.
- 07 Apr 2015 Planned initiation date changed from 1 Apr 2015 to 1 May 2015 as per ClinicalTrials.gov record.