A Phase III, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group, Double-Blind Clinical Trial to Study the Efficacy and Safety of MK-8931 (SCH 900931) in Subjects With Amnestic Mild Cognitive Impairment Due to Alzheimer's Disease (Prodromal AD)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 03 Apr 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Verubecestat (Primary)
- Indications Alzheimer's disease; Mild cognitive impairment
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms APECS
- Sponsors Merck Sharp & Dohme
- 23 Feb 2018 This trial has been suspended in Germany
- 13 Feb 2018 According to a Merck & Co. media release, the company will be stopping this trial early as per recommendation by the external Data Monitoring Committee that assessed benefit/risk during interim safety analysis. The committee concluded that it was unlikely that positive benefit/risk could be established if the trial continued.
- 13 Feb 2018 According to a Merck & Co. media release, status changed from active, no longer recruiting to discontinued.