A 28-day Randomised, Placebo-controlled, Double-blind Parallel Group Phase IIa Trial to Assess the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Once Daily Oral Doses of 2.5 mg, 10 mg, and 25 mg Empagliflozin as Adjunctive to Insulin in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (EASE-1)
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 18 Dec 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Empagliflozin (Primary)
- Indications Type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Pharmacodynamics; Proof of concept
- Acronyms EASE-1
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 18 Dec 2017 Results generating population pharmacokinetic pharmacodynamic model using data from this trial published in the Journal of Clinical Pharmacology.
- 15 Sep 2017 Outcomes of a population PK-PD model using data from this trial designed to quantify the effect of the empagliflozin on renal glucose reabsorption in patients with type 1 diabetes and to compare results with analysis in patients with type 2 diabetes, presented at the 53rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- 09 Jun 2015 Results presented at the 75th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History