A randomised, double-blind, placebo- and active-controlled parallel group study to assess the efficacy of 12 weeks of once daily treatment of two doses of orally inhaled tiotropium+ oldaterol fixed dose combination (delivered by the Respimat inhaler) in patients with moderate to severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 13 Sep 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Olodaterol/tiotropium bromide (Primary) ; Tiotropium bromide
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms OTEMTO2; TOviTO
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 29 Mar 2016 According to a Boehringer Ingelheim media release, the US FDA has approved an sNDA for olodaterol/tiotropium-bromide (STIOLTO RESPIMAT) that adds data showing improvement in health-related quality of life among people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) to the product labelling. The label expansion is based on data from the OTEMTO 1 and 2 and TONADO 1 and 2 trials.
- 28 Oct 2015 Post-hoc analysis data presented at the American College of CHEST Physicians Annual Meeting in Montreal, as per Boehringer media release.
- 27 Oct 2015 Pooled analysis results and individual study result published in Boehringer media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History