A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Parallel-group Study to Evaluate the Effect of Long-term Treatment With BELVIQ (Lorcaserin HCl) on the Incidence of Major Adverse Cardiovascular Events and Conversion to Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Obese and Overweight Subjects With Cardiovascular Disease or Multiple Cardiovascular Risk Factors (CAMELLIA-TIMI 61)
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III/IV
Latest Information Update: 19 Dec 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Lorcaserin (Primary)
- Indications Obesity; Overweight
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms CAMELLIA-TIMI; CAMELLIA-TIMI 61
- Sponsors Eisai Inc
- 22 Jun 2017 According to an Eisai Co Ltd media release, based on the interim safety analysis of this trial, an independent Data Monitoring Committee has recommended to continue this trial as planned.
- 27 Feb 2017 Planned End Date changed from 1 Jun 2018 to 1 Nov 2018.
- 27 Feb 2017 Planned primary completion date changed from 1 May 2018 to 1 Sep 2018.