A pilot study to evaluate the safety, tolerability and efficacy of obeticholic acid (INT-747) for the treatment of portal hypertension
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 26 Mar 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Obeticholic acid (Primary)
- Indications Portal hypertension
- Focus Adverse reactions; Proof of concept; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PESTO
- Sponsors Intercept Pharmaceuticals
- 23 Jan 2014 New trial record
- 09 Jan 2014 Results of this trial have been submitted for presentation at the International Liver Congress of the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) in April 2014, according to an Intercept Pharmaceuticals media release.
- 09 Jan 2014 Results from this trial support the initiation of a double-blind phase IIB trial of obeticholic acid in the treatment of portal hypertension, according to an Intercept Pharmaceuticals media release.