A Randomized, Double-blind, Event-driven, Placebo-controlled, Multicenter Study of the Effects of Canagliflozin on Renal and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetic Nephropathy
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 17 Aug 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Canagliflozin (Primary)
- Indications Diabetic nephropathies; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms CREDENCE
- Sponsors Janssen Research & Development
- 17 Aug 2018 This trial has been completed in France, according to European Clinical Trials Database.
- 18 Jul 2018 According to a Mundipharma International media release, this trial has been stopped early, based on a decision from the Independent Data Monitoring Committee (IDMC). The recommendation is based on demonstration of efficacy as the trial achieved pre-specified criteria for the primary composite end points.
- 16 Jul 2018 According Janssen Pharmaceuticals media release, company is looking forward to presenting the full data from the CREDENCE trial at an upcoming medical meeting and with health authorities in the near future.