A Phase 3 Efficacy and Safety Study of PTC124 as an Oral Treatment for Nonsense-Mutation-Mediated Cystic Fibrosis
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 09 Jun 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Ataluren (Primary)
- Indications Cystic fibrosis
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors PTC Therapeutics
- 06 Mar 2017 According to an European Medicines Agency media release dated March 2017, PTC Therapeutics International Limited officially notified the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) that it wishes to withdraw its application for Translarna to be used to treat cystic fibrosis. This decision was based on the data from this trial which failed to show that Translarna was more effective than placebo at improving lung function or reducing flare-ups in the overall study population.
- 10 Jun 2016 New analyses from this trial were presented at the 39th European Cystic Fibrosis Conference, according to a PTC Therapeutics media release.
- 30 Sep 2015 According to a PTC Therapeutics media release, the EMA has validated the submission of a variation for a new indication for ataluren [Translarna] for the treatment of nonsense mutation cystic fibrosis for patients not taking chronic inhaled aminoglycoside antibiotics.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History