Study MEA117106: Mepolizumab vs. Placebo as add-on Treatment for Frequently Exacerbating COPD Patients
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 05 Jul 2019
Price : $35 *
At a glance
- Drugs Mepolizumab (Primary)
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms METREX
- Sponsors GlaxoSmithKline
- 05 Jul 2019 Results (n=1136) of post-hoc analysis of intention-to-treat population from two studies (METREX and METREO) assessing genetic association of mepolizumab in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, published in the Respiratory Medicine.
- 19 Sep 2018 Results from METREX and METREO studies, presented at the 28th Annual Congress of the European Respiratory Society.
- 07 Sep 2018 According to a GlaxoSmithKline media release, the company has received a complete response letter (CRL) from the US FDA regarding its application for mepolizumab as an add-on treatment to inhaled corticosteroid-based maintenance treatment for the reduction of exacerbations in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), guided by blood eosinophil counts. As per CRL more clinical data are required to support an approval.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History