Study MEA117113: Mepolizumab vs. Placebo as Add-on Treatment for Frequently Exacerbating COPD Patients Characterized by Eosinophil Level
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 23 May 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Mepolizumab (Primary)
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms METREO
- Sponsors GlaxoSmithKline
- 23 May 2018 Results of a pre-specified meta-analysis (n= 1136) assessing the effect of mepolizumab on patient-reported outcomes, response to therapy and lung function using combined data from METREX and METREO trials, presented at the 114th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society.
- 07 Nov 2017 According to a GlaxoSmithKline media release, based on the data from METREX and METREO studies the company has submission of a supplemental Biologics License Application (sBLA) to the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), seeking approval of mepolizumab as an add-on to maintenance treatment for patients who have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) with an eosinophilic phenotype. Regulatory filings in other countries are planned during the course of 2017 and 2018.
- 13 Sep 2017 According to a GlaxoSmithKline media release, results of the METREX and METREO studies, along with data from a pre-specified meta-analysis combining both studies, have been published in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM), with simultaneous presentation at the European Respiratory Society (ERS) International Congress 2017.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History