A Long-Term Outcomes Study to Assess STatin Residual Risk Reduction With EpaNova in HiGh Cardiovascular Risk PatienTs With Hypertriglyceridemia (STRENGTH)
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 14 Mar 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Omega-3 carboxylic acids (Primary) ; HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors
- Indications Cardiovascular disorders; Hypertriglyceridaemia
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms STRENGTH
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 14 Mar 2018 According to an Acasti Pharma media release, the company believes that the ongoing outcome studies (REDUCE-IT and STRENGTH) if positive, may greatly expand the omega-3 drug market in the U.S. to include a broader range of patients with high HTG (200 mg/dL - 499 mg/dL) and these outcome trials are expected to report by the end of the third quarter of 2018 (REDUCE-IT) and in 2019 (STRENGTH).
- 03 Nov 2017 Planned End Date changed from 29 Nov 2019 to 31 Oct 2019.
- 03 Nov 2017 Planned primary completion date changed from 29 Nov 2019 to 31 Oct 2019.