A Phase II Clinical Trial to Study the Efficacy and Safety of the Combination Regimen of MK-5172 + MK-8742 + Ribavirin (R) in Subjects With Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Infection Who Failed Prior Direct Acting Antiviral Therapy
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 04 Apr 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Elbasvir (Primary) ; Grazoprevir (Primary) ; Ribavirin
- Indications Hepatitis C
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms C-SALVAGE
- Sponsors Merck Sharp & Dohme
- 10 Feb 2017 Results of an integrated analysis of this trial and 5 other trails (see profiles 225044, 242414, 243227, 243234, 243273) published in the Gastroenterology
- 29 Jul 2016 According to a Merck media release, Zepatier (elbasvir/grazoprevir) with or without ribavirin has been approved in the European Union for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 1-4 infections in adults.
- 28 Jan 2016 According to a Merck & Co. media release, Zepatier (elbasvir and grazoprevir) has received US FDA approval for use in treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C virus genotype 1 or 4 infection in adults. The approval was based on six trials (CTPs - 700243227, 700243234, 700242414, 700243273, 700243158 and 700236483).