Efficacy and safety of semaglutide once weekly versus insulin glargine once daily as add on to metformin with or without sulphonylurea in insulin-naive subjects with type 2 diabetes
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 10 Mar 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Semaglutide (Primary) ; Insulin glargine
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms SUSTAIN 4
- Sponsors Novo Nordisk
- 15 Dec 2017 According to a Novo Nordisk media release, the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) under the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has adopted a positive opinion, recommending marketing authorisation for Ozempic (semaglutide) for the treatment of adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- 08 Dec 2017 Results evaluate the potential of semaglutide in helping subjects achieve HbA1c targets, additional analyses were performed with data from the SUSTAIN 1-5 trials, were presented at the 2017 Congress of the International Diabetes Federation.
- 08 Dec 2017 Results assessing the effect of once-weekly subcutaneous semaglutide on FPG and PPG across the SUSTAIN 1-5 trials, were presented at the 2017 Congress of the International Diabetes Federation.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History