A Single-Dose, Ivermectin-Controlled, Double-Blind, Efficacy, Safety And Tolerability Study Of Orally Administered Moxidectin In Subjects Infected With Onchocerca Volvulus
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 13 Jun 2018
Price : $35 *
At a glance
- Drugs Moxidectin (Primary) ; Ivermectin
- Indications Onchocerciasis
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Medicines Development Limited; Pfizer; Wyeth
- 13 Jun 2018 According to a United States (U.S.) Food and Drug Administration (FDA) media release, the agency has approved moxidectin 8 mg oral for the treatment of river blindness (onchocerciasis) in patients aged 12 years and older. The approval was based on data from this and another trial (CT profile 700244968).
- 18 Jan 2018 Primary endpoint (Skin microfilaria density (mf/mg)) has been met, according to the results published in The Lancet
- 18 Jan 2018 Results published in The Lancet.