Efficacy and Safety of Fexinidazole Compared to Nifurtimox-Eflornithine Combination Therapy (NECT) in Patients With Late-stage Human African Trypanosomiasis (HAT) Due to T.b. Gambiense: Pivotal, Non-inferiority, Multicentre, Randomised, Open-label Study
Phase of Trial: Phase II/III
Latest Information Update: 25 Feb 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Fexinidazole (Primary) ; Eflornithine; Nifurtimox
- Indications African trypanosomiasis
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Drugs for Neglected Diseases Initiative Foundation
- 04 Nov 2017 Primary endpoint (Success or failure at 18 months FU visit) has been met, according to the results published in The Lancet.
- 04 Nov 2017 Results published in The Lancet.
- 04 Nov 2017 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed, according to the results published in The Lancet.