Phase I/IIa Dose Escalation Safety and Efficacy Study of Human Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Retinal Pigment Epithelium Cells Transplanted Subretinally in Patients With Advanced Dry-Form Age-Related Macular Degeneration (Geographic Atrophy)
Phase of Trial: Phase I/II
Latest Information Update: 07 Mar 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Retinal pigment epithelial cell replacement therapy-Cell Cure Neurosciences (Primary)
- Indications Dry age-related macular degeneration
- Focus Adverse reactions
- Sponsors Cell Cure Neurosciences
- 07 Mar 2018 According to a BioTime media release, interim data from this study will be presented at the upcoming Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology meeting 2018.
- 07 Mar 2018 According to a BioTime media release, independent Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) has approved initiation of the fourth cohort in this study and expects to share initial data from cohort 4 in Q4 2018.
- 22 Jan 2018 According to a BioTime media release, detailed data from first 3 cohorts and available data from the fourth Cohort will be presented at the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) conference in the fourth quarter of 2018.