A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, double-dummy, parallel-group, active-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of finerenone compared to eplerenone on morbidity and mortality in patients with chronic heart failure and reduced ejection fraction after recent heart failure decompensation and additional risk factors, either type 2 diabetes mellitus or chronic kidney disease or both
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 22 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Finerenone (Primary) ; Eplerenone
- Indications Chronic heart failure
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms FINESSE-HF
- Sponsors Bayer
- 22 Jul 2016 The trial was prematurely ended in Belgium (end date: 11 Mar 2016).
- 21 Jul 2016 This trial was discontinued in Netherlands.
- 03 Jun 2016 The trial was prematurely ended in Greece (end date: 11 Mar 2016).