A Phase IIIb/IV comparative, randomised, multi-centre, open label, parallel 3-arm clinical study to assess the safety and efficacy of repeated administration of ACT therapy (pyronaridine-artesunate or dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine will be compared to either artesunate-amodiaquine or artemether-lumefantrine)
Phase of Trial: Phase III/IV
Latest Information Update: 03 Apr 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Artesunate/pyronaridine (Primary) ; Dihydroartemisinin/piperaquine (Primary)
- Indications Malaria
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms WANECAM-EDCTP
- 03 Apr 2018 Status changed from recruiting to completed, according to results published in the Internet Document.
- 03 Apr 2018 Primary endpoint (the unadjusted and PCR-adjusted adequate clinical and parasitological response (ACPR) for P falciparum and unadjusted ACPR for other Plasmodium species (ie, P ovale and P malariae) at days 28 and 42) has been met, according to results published in the Internet Document.
- 03 Apr 2018 Primary endpoint (The incidence rate of malaria and repeated treatment safety over 2 years) has been met, according to results published in the Internet Document.