A pilot study to investigate the efficacy, feasibility and safety of once weekly injection of exenatide-LAR in addition to standard diabetes care on blood glucose control in indigenous Australians with type 2 diabetes living in remote communities
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 26 Dec 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Exenatide (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms LOWER-SUGAR
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 21 Dec 2017 Planned End Date changed from 31 Aug 2017 to 31 May 2018.
- 08 Dec 2017 Results (n=42) assessing impact of directly observed extended-release exenatide therapy on management of T2DM amongst this extremely unique ATSI population with type 2 diabetes, were presented at the 2017 Congress of the International Diabetes Federation.
- 25 Oct 2016 Planned number of patients changed from 50 to 40.