Alcohol Pharmacotherapy for HIV+ Prisoners With Alcohol Dependence and Problem Drinking
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 16 May 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Naltrexone (Primary)
- Indications Alcoholism; HIV infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms INSPIRE
- 16 May 2018 Primary endpoint (Percentage of Those Maintain or Improve to HIV RNA-1 Viral Load Less Then 200 copies/mL-naltrexone versus placebo) has been met, according to results published in the JAIDS:Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes.
- 16 May 2018 According to results published in the JAIDS:Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, definition of one of the primary outcomes changed with respect to number of copies from <400 copies/mL to <200 copies/mL as the Department of Health and Human Services HIV treatment guidelines changed their definition of VS to <200 copies/mL as the goal of therapy soon after study initiation.
- 16 May 2018 Results published in the JAIDS:Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes.