STAIRWAY: Simultaneous Blockade of Angiopoietin-2 and VEGF-A With the Bispecific Antibody RO6867461 (RG7716) for Extended Durability in the Treatment of Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 30 Oct 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Faricimab (Primary) ; Ranibizumab
- Indications Choroidal neovascularisation; Wet age-related macular degeneration
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms STAIRWAY
- Sponsors Roche
- 30 Oct 2018 According to a Roche media release, based on the STAIRWAY data, a global phase III programme for faricimab in neovascular age related macular degeneration (nAMD) is anticipated to commence in 2019.
- 29 Oct 2018 Results published in a Roche Media Release.
- 26 Oct 2018 Positive results of the study were presented as a late-breaking oral presentation during the 2018 American Academy of Ophthalmologys (AAO) Annual Meeting in Chicago, Illinois, United States, according to a Roche media release.