An Open Label Study of GBT440 to Evaluate the Effect on Oxygenation in Healthy Subjects at Rest and Maximal Exercise Under Hypoxic Conditions
Phase of Trial: Phase I
Latest Information Update: 23 Oct 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Voxelotor (Primary)
- Indications Hypoxia; Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis; Sickle cell anaemia
- Focus Proof of concept; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms Basecamp Study
- Sponsors Global Blood Therapeutics
- 23 Oct 2017 According to a company media release, Global Blood Therapeutics has announced the discontinuation of its GBT440 program for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). This decision is based on results from three proof-of-concept studies, including a Phase 1 study in healthy volunteers called Basecamp and two Phase 2a studies in patients with IPF called GBT440-006 and ZEPHYR.
- 23 Oct 2017 Status changed from recruiting to discontinued according to a Global Blood Therapeutics media release.
- 29 Sep 2017 Planned number of patients changed from 12 to 20.