A Phase III Randomised, Double-blind Trial to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety of Once Daily Empagliflozin 10 mg Compared to Placebo, in Patients With Chronic Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction (HFrEF)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 11 Jan 2019
At a glance
- Drugs Empagliflozin (Primary)
- Indications Chronic heart failure
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms EMPEROR-Reduced
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 01 Oct 2018 Trial design of EMPEROR-Reduced and EMPEROR-Preserved, presented at the 54th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- 25 Apr 2018 According to the Boehringer Ingelheim media release, this trial expected to read out between 2019 and 2020.
- 17 Mar 2017 Status changed from not yet recruiting to recruiting, according to a Boehringer Ingelheim media release.