A Phase III Randomised, Double-blind Trial to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety of Once Daily Empagliflozin 10 mg Compared to Placebo, in Patients With Chronic Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction (HFpEF)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 11 Jan 2019
At a glance
- Drugs Empagliflozin (Primary)
- Indications Chronic heart failure
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms EMPEROR-Preserved
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 01 Oct 2018 Trial design of EMPEROR-Reduced and EMPEROR-Preserved, presented at the 54th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- 25 Apr 2018 According to the Boehringer Ingelheim media release, this trial expected to read out between 2019 and 2020.
- 17 Mar 2018 According to a Boehringer Ingelheim media release, EMPEROR HF clinical trial programme will investigate once daily empagliflozin, compared to placebo, the programme comprises two Phase III, trials which assess heart failure in patients with preserved ejection fraction (NCT03057951) or patients with reduced ejection fraction (NCT03057977).