A Randomized, Double-blind, Multicenter Study to Establish the Safety and Efficacy of Ceftobiprole Medocaril Compared With Vancomycin Plus Aztreonam in the Treatment of Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infections
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 22 Jun 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Ceftobiprole (Primary) ; Aztreonam; Vancomycin
- Indications Bacterial infections; Skin and soft tissue infections
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Basilea Pharmaceutica
- 23 Feb 2018 Planned End Date changed from 1 Jan 2019 to 1 Nov 2019.
- 23 Feb 2018 Planned primary completion date changed from 1 Nov 2018 to 1 Oct 2019.
- 23 Feb 2018 According to a Basilea Pharmaceutica media release, phase 3 ceftobiprole program is being conducted under a contract with the U.S. Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) which provides funding of up to USD 108 million.