Efficacy and safety of agomelatine oral administration (25 mg/day) in elderly patients suffering from major depressive disorder: an 6-week, randomised, double-blind, fixed-dose, parallel groups, placebo-controlled, international, multicentre study followed by an extension double-blind treatment period of 18 weeks.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 12 Apr 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Agomelatine (Primary)
- Indications Major depressive disorder
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- 12 Apr 2017 Primary endpoint (The MADRS total score over 6 weeks) has been met.
- 12 Apr 2017 New trial record
- 05 Apr 2017 Results assessing safety and efficacy of Agomelatine using patient data from two phase III trials (ISRCTN57507360 and see CTP 283683), published in the International Clinical Psychopharmacology