A study of XF-73 (exeporfinium chloride) for the prevention of post-surgical infections from all strains of Staphylococcus aureus
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 12 Apr 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Exeporfinium chloride (Primary)
- Indications Staphylococcal infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Destiny Pharma
- 12 Apr 2018 According to a Destiny Pharma media release, the company is now finalising plans to start this phase IIb trial.The Company is on track to announce Phase 2b results in the second half of 2019, with the aim of delivering a Phase 3 ready package by the end of 2019.
- 26 Feb 2018 According to a Destiny Pharma media release, the US FDA has accepted an Investigational New Drug application (IND) for XF-73 that is being developed for the prevention of post-surgical staphylococcal infections such as Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). Data from this trial is expected in 2019.
- 18 Apr 2017 New trial record