An Open Label, Phase III, Randomized Controlled, Multicentre Non-Inferiority Trial to Compare Efficacy and Safety of Miltefosine and Paromomycin With SSG and PM Combination for Treatment of Primary Visceral Leishmaniasis (VL) Patients in Eastern Africa
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 13 Apr 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Miltefosine (Primary) ; Paromomycin (Primary) ; Sodium stibogluconate; Sodium stibogluconate
- Indications Visceral leishmaniasis
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- 13 Apr 2018 According to a Drugs for Neglected Disease initiative (DNDi) media release, till date 20 patients has been enrolled in this study trial sites in Ethiopia, Kenya, and Sudan.
- 05 Mar 2018 Planned End Date changed from 31 Aug 2019 to 30 Nov 2019.
- 05 Mar 2018 Planned primary completion date changed from 31 Aug 2019 to 30 Nov 2019.