A Phase 2 Interventional, Multicenter, Randomized Open Label Study to Determine the Effective and Tolerable Dose of KAF156 and Lumefantrine Solid Dispersion Formulation in Combination, Given Once Daily for 1, 2 and 3-days to Adults and Children With Uncomplicated Plasmodium Falciparum Malaria
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 21 Nov 2018
At a glance
- Drugs KAF 156 (Primary) ; Lumefantrine (Primary) ; Artemether/lumefantrine
- Indications Falciparum malaria
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 09 Nov 2018 Planned End Date changed from 11 Oct 2019 to 25 Oct 2019.
- 21 Aug 2017 According to a Novartis media release, Dr. Bakary Fofana is the clinical trial investigator at the Malaria Research and Training Center in Bougoula - Hameau.
- 21 Aug 2017 According to a Novartis media release, the first trial center is operational in Mali and will be followed by sixteen additional centers across a total of nine countries in Africa and Asia over the next few months.