A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase III Clinical Trial of Pembrolizumab (MK-3475) in Combination with Cisplatin and 5-Fluorouracil versus Placebo in Combination with Cisplatin and 5-Fluorouracil as First-Line Treatment in Subjects with Advanced/Metastatic Esophageal Carcinoma (KEYNOTE-590)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 12 Aug 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Cisplatin (Primary) ; Fluorouracil (Primary) ; Pembrolizumab (Primary)
- Indications Adenocarcinoma; Oesophageal cancer; Squamous cell cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms KEYNOTE-590
- Sponsors Merck Sharp & Dohme
- 20 Feb 2018 Planned End Date changed from 3 Feb 2022 to 22 Aug 2021.
- 20 Feb 2018 Planned primary completion date changed from 4 Dec 2020 to 22 Aug 2021.
- 10 Aug 2017 Planned End Date changed from 23 Nov 2020 to 3 Feb 2022.