A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase III Clinical Trial of Pembrolizumab (MK-3475) in Combination with Cisplatin and 5-Fluorouracil versus Placebo in Combination with Cisplatin and 5-Fluorouracil as First-Line Treatment in Subjects with Advanced/Metastatic Esophageal Carcinoma (KEYNOTE-590)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 12 Feb 2019
At a glance
- Drugs Pembrolizumab (Primary) ; Cisplatin; Fluorouracil
- Indications Adenocarcinoma; Gastric cancer; Oesophageal cancer; Squamous cell cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms KEYNOTE-590
- Sponsors Merck Sharp & Dohme
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 20 Feb 2018 Planned End Date changed from 3 Feb 2022 to 22 Aug 2021.
- 20 Feb 2018 Planned primary completion date changed from 4 Dec 2020 to 22 Aug 2021.