A 26-Week, Multi-Center, Open-label, Randomized, Parallel-group Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Two Treatment Regimens in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes After Short-Term Intensive Insulin Therapy: Basal Insulin Based Treatment (With Prandial OADs Combination) Versus Twice-daily Premixed Insulin
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 27 Feb 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Insulin glargine (Primary) ; Insulin glulisine (Primary) ; Acarbose; Insulin aspart; Metformin; Repaglinide
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms SWITCH
- Sponsors Sanofi
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 20 Feb 2018 Planned End Date changed from 1 Sep 2019 to 7 Nov 2019.
- 20 Feb 2018 Planned primary completion date changed from 1 Sep 2019 to 7 Nov 2019.