A Phase III Randomised, Double-blind Trial to Evaluate the Effect of 12 Weeks Treatment of Once Daily EMPagliflozin 10 mg Compared With Placebo on ExeRcise Ability and Heart Failure Symptoms, In Patients With Chronic HeArt FaiLure With Reduced Ejection Fraction (HFrEF) (EMPERIAL-reduced)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 02 Jan 2019
At a glance
- Drugs Empagliflozin (Primary)
- Indications Chronic heart failure
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms EMPERIAL-reduced
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 21 Dec 2018 Planned primary completion date changed from 31 May 2019 to 29 Nov 2019.
- 21 Dec 2018 Planned End Date changed from 7 Jun 2019 to 6 Dec 2019.
- 05 Oct 2018 Trial design of EMPERIAL-reduced and EMPERIAL-preserved presented at the 54th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.