A Phase 3, Matrix Design, Partially Double-Blind, Randomized Study of the Efficacy and Safety of 50 mg Lonafarnib/100 mg Ritonavir BID With and Without 180 mcg PEG IFN-alfa-2a for 48 Weeks Compared With PEG IFN-alfa-2a Monotherapy and Placebo Treatment in Patients Chronically Infected With Hepatitis Delta Virus Being Maintained on Anti-HBV Nucleos(t)Ide Therapy (D-LIVR)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 18 Dec 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Lonafarnib (Primary) ; Peginterferon alfa-2a (Primary) ; Ritonavir (Primary)
- Indications Hepatitis D
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms D-LIVR
- Sponsors Eiger BioPharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 18 Dec 2018 According to an Eiger BioPharmaceuticals media release, this is the first-ever, global registration trial with the potential to bring two separate, approved lonafarnib-based treatment options to HDV patients.
- 11 Dec 2018 According to an Eiger BioPharmaceuticals, Inc. media release, trial progress discussed at R&D Day.
- 11 Dec 2018 According to an Eiger BioPharmaceuticals, Inc. media release, first site has been initiated at University of Miami. First patient dosing expected Q1 2019