Comparison of Canagliflozin vs. Alternative Antihyperglycemic Treatments on Risk of Heart Failure Hospitalization and Amputation for Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and the Subpopulation With Established Cardiovascular Disease
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 24 Jun 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Canagliflozin (Primary) ; CD26 antigen inhibitors; Dapagliflozin; Empagliflozin; Glucagon-like peptide 1 agonist; Insulin; Sulfonylureas; Thiazolidinediones
- Indications Cardiovascular disorders; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms OBSERVE-4D
- Sponsors Janssen Research & Development
- 24 Jun 2018 Results presented in a Janssen media release.
- 24 Jun 2018 Results presented in an American Diabetes Association media release.
- 24 Jun 2018 According to an American Diabetes Association media release, John Buse, MD, PhD, director of the Diabetes Center, director of the North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences Institute and executive associate dean for clinical research at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, is the principal investigator of this study.