A Phase III Trial of Praziquantel Orodispersible Tablet in Schistosoma-Infected Preschool-Age Children
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 29 May 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Praziquantel (Primary)
- Indications Schistosomiasis
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Merck KGaA
- 29 May 2018 New trial record
- 22 May 2018 According to a Pediatric Praziquantel Consortium media release, the consortium aims to submit a Marketing Authorization Application in 2020, and to have the product (orodispersible praziquantel tablet) available in 2021, for launch in the first endemic countries in Africa.
- 22 May 2018 According to a Pediatric Praziquantel Consortium media release, this trial is a part of a phase III program.The phase III program is co-funded by the Pediatric Praziquantel Consortium, the European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership and the Global Health Innovative Technology Fund.Merck KGaA leads this phase III program.